The Bachelor of InnovationTM provides a number of science and engineering degrees, each providing great opportunities to students in those programs.
- Computer Science is a growing field, and major part of almost every industry. Learning CS enables many career paths, and BI in CS students, who have the opportunity to develop skills through innovation and team experience, as well as establishing a strong background in business, will become the type of future professionals who lead new efforts or even new companies.
- The Game Design & Development program provides students with a firm foundation in the basics of game design and development while also providing flexibility to pursue other special interest areas through concentration courses. In addition, students will learn the business and communication background required for working effectively in the interdisciplinary teams that are the norm in game design and development.
- A major component of the Electrical Engineering program is multi-disciplinary innovation teams that are working on real projects for real companies. The BI has a major field of study, just like a BA or BS, but it also has a common core in innovation and entrepreneurship including a unique long-term, multi-disciplinary team experience.
- Security, especially cyber-security or Computer Security, is an area of growing attention with functions unlikely to be outsourced. Security is the focus of significant funded research at UCCS, giving students opportunity to work at the very edge of the field. This program still covers all the core of CS, and so also sets students up for that alternative career path.
- In the natural sciences we offer a BI in Chemistry in the college of Letters Arts and Science. It brings together the science of chemistry with the multi-disciplinary teaming of the BI.